Selling Your Home
There things you can do as a seller to prepare your home for sale. As your Agent, there are marketing initiatives Carla will do to ensure you get top dollar and sell in a reasonable time frame.
Getting “Show Ready”
- From the street, is the house appealing? This is called “curb appeal”.
- Does it need a new coat of paint (either because the old paint is obviously cracked or faded, or because of an uncommon choice in color that might turn off prospective buyers)?
- If a house with a yard, is the lawn and landscaping attractive and well-kept?
- If it is a condo, you can’t do much about the building, but is the front door (and balcony, if there is one) appealing?
- Are the windows and doors attractive and in good condition?
- Are the roof (and the gutters) in good condition?
- Is the grass nicely cut, are the hedges trimmed, are the leaves swept up? Are all toys put away such as bikes, scooters, etc.?
- Do the sidewalks and driveway need power-washing?
- Are the interior paints and finishes in good condition (recently updated), or do they need to be freshened up? This is one area with the best ratio of least expensive to most desired. For a minimal investment, you could possibly make or break a sale by having your home look well-kept and inviting.
- Are the appliances in good working order and of recent vintage?
- Are the plumbing and electrical systems in good condition? Are they fully functional?
- Are the carpets or other floor coverings clean and in good condition? Like the paint, are they attractive and well-kept? Floor coverings are worth paying for so that your home makes a good impression.
- Are the sealants (sink, shower, tub, windows) in good condition?
- Are all light fixtures working properly, and is there good lighting in each room so that prospective buyers won’t think you’re hiding something?
Carla uses a combination of knowledge, expertise, visuals, contacts and technology to sell your home.
- A Comparative Market Valuation will be provided which analyzes the most recent and relevant comparable homes in your neighbourhood that have sold. This assists us in pricing your home properly to sell.
- Professional photography will be provided to showcase your home to it’s maximum potential and highlight its’ attributes.
- A floor-plan will be commissioned to allow buyers to review the layout of your home prior to arranging a viewing.
- A “For Sale” sign will be placed on your front lawn (with your permission).
- A custom color Feature Sheet will be created and offered in a flyer box on your For Sale sign.
- An Information Binder will be created to be kept in your home so that prospective purchasers can review pertinent information regarding your home while viewing.
- Your property will be presented to all the RE/MAX agents on tour and you will be provided with the Agent’s collective feedback on our listing price.
- Exposure on the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board Multiple Listing Service (MLS) for all Buyers Agents to view, and on Realtor.ca for the public to view.
- Featured in the full color weekly ad in the RE/MAX real estate supplement in the Comox Valley Record newspaper.
- Website exposure as a “Featured Listing” on www.realestateccp.com. Also on the RE/MAX Ocean Pacific Realty website.
- A custom E-mail blast will be sent to Carla’s database of prospective purchasers.
- “Just Listed” full color postcards will be printed and distributed to area residents.
- Social media such as Facebook and LinkedIn and Pinterest will be utilized to gain exposure.
- Feedback from showings will be provided within 24 hours.